Tango is an oncology biotechnology company with focus is on exploiting synthetic lethal interactions to discover and develop new breakthrough cancer therapies.
Our discovery efforts begin and end with patients. We have inverted the traditional discovery paradigm with our target discovery platform, where the discovery of novel targets and the associated patient selection strategy are integrated into a single experimental design. Our platform uses cutting-edge CRISPR technologies to identify novel targets for genetically-defined groups of cancer patients. We leverage the principles of synthetic lethality to find novel dependencies in cancer cells and identify the relevant drug targets. As we advance our molecules into the clinic, our trials will enroll the patients most likely to benefit from our new treatments as identified in the target discovery profess, thereby enabling greater speed, success, and impact for those patients.
This position reports to the Head of Pharmacology. As a Principal Scientist, you will provide strategic leadership to projects and support the Target discovery engine. This role requires a blend of drug development experience in oncology, coupled with strong people management skills and demonstration of scientific leadership. Working in cross-functional teams and management of external CRO workflows will be required to generate data in support of development decisions.
- Function as a Pharmacology lead for multiple drug discovery programs
- Design and interpret in vivo pharmacology studies to evaluate the activities of small molecule drug candidates, investigate their mechanisms of action, and explore novel therapeutic hypotheses
- Manage in vivo pharmacology research in a matrixed environment, as well as external academic collaborations and an extensive network of CROs
- Identify and validate pharmacodynamic biomarkers to support preclinical and clinical development
- Establish PK/PD to activity relationships
- Think strategically about drug development and drive innovative solutions to key challenges across the organization
Skills & Qualifications:
- Extensive background in determining PK/PD to activity relationships in vivo in diseased and surrogate tissues; experience in modeling exposure profiles to PD and activity a plus
- Extensive expertise with in vivo Oncology models; experience in Immunooncology models would also be advantageous
- You should be an energetic self-starter who is adept at multi-tasking, has a track record of productivity and is capable of working both independently and as part of multiple collaborative teams
- Possess a strong attention to detail and have exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence internal and external cross-functional teams by promoting creative problem solving, clear decision-making and accountability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Knowledge of cancer biology pathways is favorably considered
Education & Experience:
- PhD required in Biological Sciences
- 8+ years in Pharmacology in Industry
- Hands-on in vivo experience a plus