Research Associate, Bioconjugation/Immunoassay Development
Sherlock Biosciences has a goal of creating a new generation of CRISPR and Synthetic biology-based molecular diagnostics that can rapidly deliver accurate and inexpensive results in any setting. We are looking for a highly motivated, outstanding Research Associate who will join our team of world-class researchers focused on the development and launch of molecular diagnostic products. The successful candidate will execute development studies, conduct data analysis and document results. The role will involve cross-functional collaboration with other teams. We recently received FDA Emergency Use Authorization for our CRISPR SARS-CoV-2 kits to detect the virus that causes COVID-19. This is the first FDA-authorized use of CRISPR technology. Successful candidates will join an exciting and fast-paced company focused on improving human health worldwide.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Assist in the development, verification, validation and technology transfer of molecular diagnostic assays.
- Partner with integrating upstream synthetic biology expression into a readable instrument-free result.
- Conduct laboratory experiments and studies according to approved protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Work Instruction Documents (WIDs) while maintaining the safety of self and colleagues and the integrity of the data collected.
- Assist in authoring SOPs, WIDs for developed processes.
- Perform experiments to improve assay performance and robustness.
- Contribute to experimental design, data analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving to improve methods or procedures.
- Proficiently carry out assignments with guidance in planning, organizing, and meeting key deadlines.
- Support an atmosphere of inclusion and collective contribution to projects and procedures with team.
- Communicate regularly with manager and team to relay project progress, experiment results, and data analysis; openly and thoughtfully discuss challenges and present findings.
- Document and record all work in electronic laboratory notebooks and diligently complete other documentation as required for assigned projects/experiments.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or related field.
- Experience with in vitro diagnostics and/or lateral flow immunoassay development in a regulated environment a plus.
- Knowledge and laboratory experience with immunoassay and immunochemistry techniques, including protein expression, SDS-PAGE, protein purification, ELISAs, buffer formulation, and bioconjugation is required.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills related to bioconjugation characterization by UV-Vis, DLS, and Zeta-Potential preferred.
- Experience with statistical analysis software and/or programming is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot, creatively solve problems and work independently.
- Capable of adjusting to dynamic working environment and changing priorities, while ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Team-player committed to learning new technologies and professional growth.
The ideal candidate will be prepared to BE GREAT!
Boldness - We will push boundaries and confidently confront any challenge.
Excellence - We will be our best and help our team members be their best.
Growth - We will support each other to advance our careers and achieve our personal goals.
Respect - We care about ourselves and each other, behaving honestly and with integrity.
Equity - We will build a diverse and inclusive team which treats each other as we expect to be treated.
Accountability - We expect the team and hold each other responsible to meet our obligations.
Trust - We will be open in our communications and support anyone acting on our core values.