Rubius Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a new class of medicines called Red Cell Therapeutics™. Our proprietary RED PLATFORM® was designed to genetically engineer and culture Red Cell Therapeutics™ that are selective, potent and off-the-shelf allogeneic cellular therapies for the potential treatment of several diseases across multiple therapeutic areas. Our therapies can potentially be used to kill tumors in cancer and to regulate the immune system for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. Our IND for RTX-240, our first oncology candidate for the treatment of solid tumors, has been cleared by the FDA. Additionally, we plan to file an IND for RTX-321 for the treatment of HPV-positive tumors by year-end.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2013, we are based in Cambridge, MA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization. Red blood cells are no longer just for carrying oxygen. Check us out at www.rubiustx.com
, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.
We are looking for a Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate to join our Immunology group to help drive key Immunology programs. The candidate must be independent, goal oriented, technically competent and able to efficiently work across multiple projects. We are searching for enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated individuals, with deep scientific background in immunology, cancer immunotherapy, and/or autoimmune diseases, who are comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Qualifications & Education
- Work closely with a team of scientists in the Discovery teams on Immunology projects
- Contribute to and/or independently execute experiments for in vitro immune assays, phenotyping immune populations, and sample preparation for in vivo studies
- Design, plan and perform scientific experiments and contribute to project related scientific activities with some guidance from team members (e.g. interpret and report results, generate and evaluate data, draw relevant conclusions, write standardized reports).
- Data analysis and proper electronic notebook record keeping
- Communication of experimental plans and data to multiple cross-functional scientific teams
- Assist in maintaining a strong, entrepreneurial and creative culture with a clear sense of urgency and focus on providing transformational therapies to patients.
- BS or MS degree in biology, immunology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related discipline and 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred
- Prior research background in immunology and/or cancer immunotherapy
- Strong experimental skills, including tissue culture, primary immune cell culture, flow cytometry, ELISA, immunoassay development, and in vivo mouse model sample processing.
- Passionate about working at the bench to independently contribute to research directions and solve challenging issues
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable working with highly technical projects and personnel
- Highly adaptable and responsive to delivering for challenging commitments
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Team oriented with strong work ethic