Rubius Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a new class of medicines called Red Cell Therapeutics™. Our proprietary RED PLATFORM® was designed to genetically engineer and culture Red Cell Therapeutics™ that are selective, potent and off-the-shelf allogeneic cellular therapies for the potential treatment of several diseases across multiple therapeutic areas. Our therapies can potentially be used to kill tumors in cancer and to regulate the immune system for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. Our IND for RTX-240, our first oncology candidate for the treatment of solid tumors, has been cleared by the FDA. Additionally, we plan to file an IND for RTX-321 for the treatment of HPV-positive tumors by year-end.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2013, we are based in Cambridge, MA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization. Red blood cells are no longer just for carrying oxygen. Check us out at www.rubiustx.com
, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.
We are seeking a Research Associate to support release and characterization testing on Red Cell Therapeutics drug product from development and GMP lots. The role will include bioanalytical and biophysical testing of cell therapy drug products using multiple methods, performing data analysis and troubleshooting methods. This person must be able to work independently with moderate supervisory guidance.
Qualifications & Education
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of drug product lots as assigned by team lead by a panel of analytical methods such as: flow cytometry, ELISA, cell-based potency assays, plate-based spectrophotometric assays, and compendial test methods including pH, osmolality, etc.
- Perform stability indicating analytical tests on formulation screening and development stability studies
- Perform in-process analytics on samples from cell culture and downstream process using flow cytometry and ELISA based methods
- Perform various analytical testing responsibilities such as sample coordination, lab equipment maintenance, testing document management, testing inventory control and reconciliation of sample requests/documents as needed
- Maintain critical reagents for analytical tests such as cell lines for bioassay, recombinant proteins etc.
- Perform data analysis and trending, prepare test reports and document results in ELN.
- Conduct document reviews and author standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Demonstrate initiative to troubleshoot method performance issues and identify opportunities for method optimization
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervisory guidance.
- Exhibit strong teamwork and communication skills, and flexibility to work in a fast paced and pioneering field.
- B.S. degree in biochemistry, molecular and cell biology, bioengineering or pharmaceutical sciences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience or knowledge of analytical characterization of proteins, viral vectors or cell products
- Hands on experience with analytical techniques such as flow cytometry, spectrophotometry, ELISA or HPLC methods is preferred