Intergalactic Therapeutics is a bio-innovation company developing, delivering, and democratizing novel non-viral gene therapies for patients. Intergalactic’s proprietary synthetic c3DNA construct has the potential to deliver transformative therapeutic intervention for unmet medical needs and at a cost enabling global accessibility.
The Drug Discovery and External Innovations unit at Intergalactic Therapeutics is seeking a talented candidate to join their Tissue Targeting group as a Principal Scientist. The Principal Scientist will join a fast-paced and motivated team and contribute directly to research towards developing new non-viral gene therapy treatments. They will report to the Senior Director, Head of Drug Discovery in the company.
The candidate will join a driven gene therapy-based drug discovery team as a Principal Scientist. The candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading the Tissue Targeting lab and building internal biology expertise on non-viral delivery of DNA to tissues such as liver, muscle and expression of target gene of interest as relevant to disease.
- Supervising direct reports-scientists and/or research associates.
- Leading, designing and executing in vitro and in vivo biology strategy and experiments for specific tissue-focused drug discovery programs.
- Demonstrating scientific and people leadership; and, be able to both work at the bench and supervise direct reports.
- Working effectively and collaboratively in a matrixed team.
- Managing, mentoring and developing individuals, demonstrating ability to build alignment within cross-functional teams to deliver solutions.
- Working in a fast-paced start-up biotech environment.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in targeting DNA to liver, muscle and other peripheral tissues.
- An in-depth, up-to-date knowledge of concepts and hands-on experience in cellular and molecular mechanisms, in vitro and in vivo model systems relevant to targeting molecules to tissues such as liver and muscle for appropriate diseases.
- Deep expertise in targeting molecules to liver, muscle or other tissues using gene therapy (highly desired) or other modalities.
- Keen understanding of experimental design, underlying scientific principles, and the ability to rigorously analyze and document results.
- Ability to develop collaborations and conduct science both internally and externally through collaborators and CROs.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment, ability to clearly communicate results to a scientific audience and to maintain detailed written records.
- Demonstrated ability to independently and successfully conduct research projects and publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience of independent research in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry or related setting.
- Excellent leadership skills with a record of accomplishment in project and team management, and track record of mentoring scientists and research associates in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology or academic environment.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences, a minimum of 4 years of post-doctoral training and 5 years of drug discovery experience in industry.