Ascidian Therapeutics is hiring a Scientist/Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics & Computational Biology!
Come join our team, and together we’ll revolutionize gene therapy!
Ascidian Biotherapeutics! A Boston based, VC-backed biotech startup that uses a unique molecular technology to unlock gene therapy.
We want you
To join our rapidly expanding team and help us form Ascidian into a startup that takes science seriously while providing a supportive and positive environment. We’ll benefit from your skills and talent while enriching your professional and scientific experience as we grow the company together.
Gene therapy is entering a new era, as the scientific community continuously pushes the field forward. But current technologies cannot overcome the challenges of many diseases. Ascidian’s unique approach aims to unlock these doors and in doing so, enable treatment for millions of patients worldwide.
Ascidian is located in Boston within the brand new SmartLabs facility at 40 Guest St. in Boston, MA.
We are seeking a Bioinformatician / Computational Biologist, to be based in our Boston-area location, who will:
- Analyze genetic data to enable us to select gene targets – ones that address the largest patient populations and that cannot be addressed by competing technologies
- Design and interpret large-scale functional genomic experiments for target screening -- using high-throughput genomics, including RNA-seq
- Automate design and analysis pipelines for target screening
- Ph.D in Bioinformatics, Biology, or related discipline
- Ability to perform bioinformatic/computational analysis independently
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with biologists
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Fluency in R/Matlab, Perl/Python, Unix
- Ability to design and interpret experimental data in the context of biology (whether genetic, molecular biological, neurobiological, immunological)
- Experience with functional genomic methods such as RNA-seq, ChIP-Seq, Ribosome profiling, and Massively Parallel Reporter Assays
Additional skills/experience beneficial, but not required:
- Postdoctoral experience in bioinformatics or biology
- Fluency in cloud computing
- Experience with gnomAD and its analysis using Hail
- Experience with ClinVar
- Fluency in other programming language and databases, e.g. C++, Java, SQL
- Experience in programming robotics for molecular biology
- Experience conducting biological (wet-lab) experiments (e.g. PCR, RNA-seq library preparation, protein analysis)