Ascidian Therapeutics is hiring a Scientist/Senior Scientist, Molecular Biology!
Come join our team, and together we’ll revolutionize gene therapy!
Ascidian Biotherapeutics! A Boston based, VC-backed biotech startup that uses a unique molecular technology to unlock gene therapy.
We want you
To join our rapidly expanding team and help us form Ascidian into a startup that takes science seriously while providing a supportive and positive environment. We’ll benefit from your skills and talent while enriching your professional and scientific experience as we grow the company together.
Gene therapy is entering a new era, as the scientific community continuously pushes the field forward. But current technologies cannot overcome the challenges of many diseases. Ascidian’s unique approach aims to unlock these doors and in doing so, enable treatment for millions of patients worldwide.
Ascidian is located in Boston within the brand new SmartLabs facility at 40 Guest St. in Boston, MA.
We are seeking Molecular Biology Scientist or Senior Scientist, to be based in our Boston-area location, who will:
- Help to build the brand-new Ascidian Boston research site by setting up lab space and research capabilities
- Help to create an entrepreneurial and creative culture that will deliver transformational therapies to patients
- Design and execute molecular biology and cell-based experiments for multiple gene therapy discovery programs
- Work closely with research associates and other scientists to advance projects as the technical leader, delivering quality and speed
- Lead gene therapy early discovery programs, managing timeline and communicating plans and progress to cross-functional scientific teams
- Perform independent data analysis and electronic notebook record keeping
- Support the creation and expansion of the company’s intellectual property
- Ph.D. in a life sciences-related discipline with a minimum of 2-years of relevant laboratory experience
- Deep knowledge in molecular or cellular biology
- Passion for working at the bench to independently advance programs and solve challenging problems
- Self-motivation and adaptability to evolving project priorities and responsibilities
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Team-oriented, with a strong work ethic
Specific skills/knowledge required:
- Well-developed experimental skills in molecular cloning, library preparation, cell culture, RNA handling, RNA-seq, qPCR/ddPCR, protein biochemistry, or assay development
Additional skills/experience beneficial, but not required:
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience
- Expertise in viral and non-viral gene therapy drug discovery
- Expertise in RNA processing
- Expertise in high-throughput screening, including Massively Parallel Reporter Assays
- Expertise in in vivo model development