Ascidian Biotherapeutics is a biotech startup that uses a unique molecular technology to unlock gene therapy. Gene therapy is entering a new era, as the scientific community continuously pushes the field forward. But current technologies cannot overcome the challenges of many diseases. Ascidian’s unique approach aims to unlock these doors and in doing so, enable treatment for millions of patients worldwide. Ascidian is located in Boston within the brand new SmartLabs facility at 40 Guest St. in Boston, MA.
We are seeking a Genomics Scientist/Senior Scientist to be based in our Boston-area location who will
- Design & analyze large-scale barcoded-RNA-seq-based genomic experiments
- Apply deep knowledge of RNA biology or synthetic biology -- along with extreme biological creativity -- to develop new in vivo machines
- Design and interpret lead optimization screens
Additional skills/experience beneficial, but not required
- Ph.D in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Systems Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field required
- Experience in functional genomic methods such as RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, Ribosome profiling, Massively Parallel Reporter Assays
- Experience in developing new genomic assays or methods
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with biologists
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Experience conducting biological (wet-lab) experiments (e.g., PCR, RNA-seq library preparation, protein analysis)
- Postdoctoral experience
- Experience with a variety of cloning methods e.g., traditional cloning, Gibson assembly, recombinational/Gateway cloning, and Golden Gate cloning
If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every requirement, please consider applying! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking that enables effective treatment for millions of patients. Above all, we’re looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.